Thursday, April 14, 2016

One Room Challenge - Week Two

Hello and welcome to the second week of the One Room Challenge - a six week, one room makeover challenge spearheaded by Linda from Calling it Home.  Last week you learned my dirty little secret - my master bathroom - and that we plan to put lipstick on that ugly pig during this challenge.  

I will be honest and say that structurally there was not much progress during this week.  Unless you consider countless hours spent shopping, planning, re-planning, and bribing progress.  If so, then we have progress!

The gorgeous Chinese Lantern in Lemon by Lee Jofa is my starting off point.  This fabric is everything...and so much better in person. 



I planned to paint my walls that gorgeous olive green and bring in that light blue to accent the ceiling.  Then reality struck me:  I have brown tile.  And who can forget my lamenting over my brown tile during my last One Room Challenge?  I try to pay a lot of attention on the temperature of a room and I feared that the olive green married with the brown would be too warm.


Yep, definitely brown.  Which is exactly where the bribing part of my aforementioned progress comes in:  trying to convince a certain mister that replacing the tile would be an *easy* fix.  They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...in my experience the way to Justin saying yes is ALSO through his stomach...so I will be baking lots of goodness with the hopes of that blessed head nod of affirmation.

In the meantime, I needed to have a back-up plan.  So, I came up with this.


Pale blue walls and painting my faux bamboo cabinet olive green.  In my head it is amazing. We will see in real life.

I also ordered about eleventy billion of these to replace the crystals in my chandelier.  I haven't yet mentioned that little project to the mister yet.  I'm sure he will be thrilled.


Just as thrilled as he is when he opens up his text messages and sees 9 rug photos to choose from. Because all men love online rug shopping, right?   

Let's review the to-do list so far:
  • Come up with a solid plan
  • Revise solid plan eleventy billion times
  • Paint
  • Replace shower door
  • Replace faucets
  • Antique mirror wall
  • Window treatment
  • Towel hooks/bars
  • Caulk
  • Rug
  • Laundry hamper
  • Lighting
  • Question my sanity
  • Drink mass amounts of coffee...and wine

Yep, no pressure at all.  Be sure to come back next week to see if my bribery worked and we no longer have brown craptastic tile.  In the meantime, be sure to check out  the other One Room Challenge participants here.

1 comment:

  1. I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

    I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

    Good luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete